April 2023

How can I tell an enforcement agent (bailiff) is who they say they are? Every Enforcement Agent (formerly known as a bailiff) is required to be awarded a certificate before they can work in the UK. An enforcement agent’s cert...

Read more

Are enforcement agents (bailiffs) legal in the UK?. In short, yes. CIVEA members work legally on behalf of local authorities, National Highways, Transport for London and Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). The...

Read more

Are enforcement agents (bailiffs) the same as debt collectors? Civil Enforcement Agents, previously known as bailiffs, are often confused with debt collectors that work for private companies. This is an incorrect assumption a...

Read more

0844 893 3922

PO Box 745

For general enquiries only, you can contact us by email (admin@civea.co.uk), letter or telephone.

If you have a complaint or concern about one of our members, please go to our complaints page for advice

CIVEA is unable to discuss complaint matters over the telephone and complaints should be sent in writing. This is to ensure that the details of your complaint are accurately recorded and understood which makes it easier in addressing your complaint thoroughly. Please advise if you have a disability, so that we can make reasonable adjustments.

Media Contact

Contact us

You can contact us by email, letter or telephone.