The ESA's regular bulletins are produced for the Enforcement Services Association. Statements made and opinions expressed within these bulletins do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Association nor does placement of advertising imply endorsement of services of products.
- Enforcement News 15 - September, 2010
- Enforcement News 13 - September, 2009
- Enforcement News 11 - October, 2008
- Enforcement News 9 - October, 2007
- Enforcement News 7 - October, 2006
- Enforcement News 5 - October, 2005
- Enforcement News 3 - May, 2004
- Enforcement News 1 - May, 2003
- Enforcement News 14 - May, 2010
- Enforcement News 12 - May, 2009
- Enforcement News 10 - May, 2008
- Enforcement News 8 - May, 2007
- Enforcement News 6 - May, 2006
- Enforcement News 4 - May, 2005
- Enforcement News 2 - October, 2003
Publications available for purchase from CIVEA
Training Aid for Enforcement Agents
by Roger Schwartz
The National Standards for Enforcement Agents says that enforcement agencies must ensure that all agents are provided with appropriate training to ensure they understand, and are able to act, within the bounds of the relevant legislation. This training should be provided at the commencement of employment and at intervals afterwards to ensure that the agent's knowledge is kept up to date.
Called the Practitioner's Guide, the CD can be ordered from CIVEA direct at a cost of £95 including P&P. Please enclose a cheque payable to CIVEA with your order.
Transfer of Powers of Arrest by Magistrates Courts
by John Kruse
In April the power of arrest under magistrates court orders was transferred from the police. A new system of 'approval' was introduced for the private sector enforcement agencies and civilian enforcement officers who have taken on this work. This guide describes this procedure, and looks in detail at civilians' powers of arrest. The human rights aspects of the new law are examined and good practice recommendations are made.
The guide addresses the many potential problems and recommends good practice to enforcement agents and agencies. A convenient and useful source of reference for all those involved.
Transfer of Powers of Arrest from Magistrates Courts - £8.95
CIVEA welcomes orders for publications. To order publications, please send a cheque for the required amount made payable to CIVEA together with your address details and send them to:
513 Bradford Road
The publications you ordered will be sent within 5 days of receipt of your cheque payable to CIVEA for the appropriate amount.